1. Terms and conditions in regards to reservations, cancellations and treatments
By making a payment for a reservation of a treatment in our clinic, by bank transfer or in cash, you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree with the following reservation and cancellation policy, payment methods, terms of the treatment agreement, price conditions, guarantees, liabilities and dispute resolution procedure.
Making a reservation also means that you agree to the cancellation and no-show policy, as well as additional conditions that may apply to your treatment and stay at Clinic BeauCare.
1.1. Booking Conditions
The payment for your procedure is done in two steps: a reservation fee and the remaining amount.
1.1.a Booking fee
You can make a reservation for your operation at the reception desk or by phone. Once you have reserved a surgery in our clinic, you must pay a reservation fee, to confirm the reservation.
- The reservation fee can be paid at the reception desk in cash or by credit card/bank card or by bank transfer.
- If you wish to pay cash, you must take into account that we may receive cash up to 3000 euros maximum according to Belgian law. For payment by credit card/bank card, you can use the following cards: Bancontact, Maestro, Mastercard and Visa.
- Payment by bank transfer via BE97210062749049 (SWIFT: GEBABEBB), stating your name and date of surgery.
Your surgery date is final once we have received the reservation fee.
1.1.b Payment of the remaining amount
The balance of your surgery or treatment must be paid no later than the day of your surgery. Your surgery can only take place if the full amount has been received. The reservation fee is deducted from the total amount for your surgery.
Payment methods for the Balance :
- By Bank transfer : please do the bank transfer at least 14 days prior to the surgery.
IBAN code BE97210062749049 (SWIFT/SORT/BIC : GEBABEBB), stating as a reference your name and date of surgery.
- By card : Bancontact, Maestro, MasterCard or Visa. ! Your bank may apply a daily spending limit ! If payment cannot be made, for one reason or another, the operation or treatment cannot take place and cancellation fees will be charged.
- Cash: Under Belgian law, we can only accept a maximum of 3000 euro in cash.
2. Cancellation policy
If you cancel one month before the operation date, an indemnification fee of € 500 will be charged. In case of cancellation two weeks before the surgery date, the indemnification fee will be € 1000.
3. Treatment Conditions
3.1. Treatment Agreement
As a patient you are at all times entitled to fair and full information. During a consultation, our doctor will provide clear and complete information about a possible treatment, the expected result, any side effects, the course of treatment, after-care, possible complications, risks and costs.
On the other hand, we expect from you that you provide our doctor with honest information about your reasons for undergoing surgery, your expectations about the end result and honest and complete information about your medical history, medication and health condition.
By signing our Declaration of informed consent the patient certifies that he / she has been fully informed and gives approval to perform the intervention.
You can always request additional information during an additional free consultation. It is important to start the operation/treatment with confidence.
- Medical error: Doctors are liable for any damage suffered by a patient as the result of the doctor’s failure.
- Clinic BeauCare (Arics nv), the company who provides the infrastructure where doctors can exercise their profession, is not a party to the treatment contract between doctor and patient.
3.3. Warranty Statement
Our clinic offers the following guarantees:
- We do a free re-operation within the year following your surgery in case of medical complication.
- We only use prostheses approved by the Belgian Ministry of Health.
- As from 01-09-2018, the manufacturer of the implants gives a 10-year guarantee on its implants.
3.4.Price terms and conditions
Clinic BeauCare provides an extensive range of surgical and non-surgical aesthetic treatments. On our website you will find our price list.
An exact price quote will be made during your consultation with our doctor.
We offer a price guarantee of one year from the date of your consultation. After that period Clinic BeauCare reserves the right to apply price changes.
The aftercare which is performed at Clinic Beaucare within the year following your surgery is included in the surgery price.
All external investigations (such as blood and heart analysis, tissue studies in laboratory and pharmacy costs) are not included and therefore paid by the patient. Additional external costs are usually covered by your health insurance.
4. Complaints about the implementation of the treatment agreement and dispute resolution
Complaints related to the execution of the treatment agreement should be written clearly and compresensively and sent to the doctor/surgeon who performed your treatment.
If complaints cannot be resolved by mutual agreement, the Courts of Brussels have jurisdiction.
5. Patient Rights
Overall, the law regulates the following patient rights:
- The right to quality service
- The right of free choice of care provider
- The right to information
- The right of consent
- Rights regarding the patient file
- The right to privacy
- The right to complaints
- The right to pain treatment
Law about the patients rights – Information on the Law of August 22, 2002 concerning the rights of patients
- You are entitled to a high professional quality care according to current scientific knowledge
- You are entitled to pain-relief care
- You are entitled to a free choice of health care provider
- You are entitled to professional confidentiality of all persons directly or indirectly involved in your care
- You are entitled to know the name and position of the doctor
- You are entitled to information about the treatments in understandable language, except when urgency does not allow this. No care or treatment may be carried out without having received the informed and free consent of the competent patient prior to the treatment
- You have the right to the informed consent and you are entitled to know whether the healthcare professional is insured and is authorized to practice his profession
- You are entitled to a copy of your medical record.
6. General information on the legal relations between our clinic and healthcare professionals
As a patient you choose your doctor and there is a direct contractual relationship between patient and doctor. However, a limitation of the freedom of choice may be unavoidable in the context of the practical organization to ensure a permanent, high-quality care, including on-call duty and emergencies.
- All doctors are self-employed and are fully responsible for their own professional liability. Each doctor has the responsibility to take an insurance in connection with the latter. As a patient, you have the right to obtain further information about this insurance.
- All doctors keep medical records of each patient.
Clinic BeauCare cannot be held liable for compliance of the Law on Patients’ Rights dated August 22, 2002 or for any errors or shortcomings by aforementioned individuals.
7. Respect at work
In the interest of a positive healthcare and working environment at Clinic BeauCare, employees, patients and visitors must undertake:
- to not discriminate on grounds of color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion or disability
- to not use verbal or physical violence or commit sexual harassment
- to have respect for others and not cause inconvenience
Picture or sound recordings in Clinic BeauCare
If you wish to make visual or audio recordings in our clinic, you should observe the following guidelines:
- You are personally responsible for all the recordings you make of yourselves and others
- You obtain in advance the oral agreement of everyone who comes into the picture
- For recording of a medical treatment, you need written permissio.
The consent allows you to make images for personal use only. If you wish to share the images, all parties involved should give thier explicit agreement.